Whittington Health provides a range of special interest clinics for women.
Most services are delivered in the women's health outpatient clinic. Patients requiring surgery are treated in the day surgery unit and main theatres.
The hospital is a designated gynaecological cancer unit. We have specialist diagnostic, assessment and treatment services to which all women with potential or suspected gynaecological cancers are referred.
Range of services
Women outpatients are seen in clinic 4C with the exception of Early Pregnancy Diagnostic Unit (EPDU) patients who are seen in the Women's Diagnostic Unit (formerly Betty Mansell Ward).
We provide the following services:
- Early Pregnancy Diagnostic Unit / EPDU
- Fertility - including I.U.I. procedures
- General gynaecology
- Gynae-endocrine / Gynae – hormone clinic
- Gynae-oncology rapid access clinic
- Pregnancy advice
- Advice after excisional treatment of the cervix
- Bladder - A healthy bladder leaflet
- Bowel control problems faecal incontinence - A patients guide
- Clinical Health Psychology - Antenatal Anxiety Leaflet
- Colposcopy results
- Continence in the confused elderly
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Enhanced recovery programme for gynaecology surgery
- Excisional treatment for abnormal cells on the cervix (colposcopy clinic)
- Human papilloma virus (HPV)
- Hysteroscopy (Outpatients)
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laser vaporisation in the day treatment centre
- Medical Management of Miscarriage
- Ovulation induction treatment using Letrozole - Information for patients
- Partner/Companion Staying Overnight- Antenatal and Postnatal Stay
- Perineal Protection - A patients guide
- Preparation for Birth - A patients guide
- Psycho-Educational Well-Being Workshop
- Punch Biopsy of the Vulva
- Reviewing your cervical screening history
- Tension free vaginal tape (TVT)
- Why have I been referred urgently to the breast clinic?
Mr Ashfaq Khan
Lead Clinician in Colposcopy and Vulva Disease
Consultant in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Mr Gidon Lieberman
Consultant and Clinical Lead for Infertility and Reproductive Medicine
HFEA Person Responsible