How to apply
If you find a role you’d like to apply for please make sure you are fully prepared before starting your online application. We also advise that you come for an informal visit, you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the team from the area in which you are applying for.
What you'll need:
- national insurance number (if you have one)
- immigration status (if applicable)
- qualification details (including dates)
- professional registration/pin number (including expiry/renewal) if appropriate
- details of previous employers (including dates)
- supporting information - refer to ‘person specification’ to see how to demonstrate your suitability
- contact details for at least two referees covering a period of 3 years’ employment. One should be your current or most recent employer. Please gain their permission.
Making a successful application
- check the closing date carefully and apply early if you can (sometimes we may need to close applications for popular roles before the advertised closing date)
- read the instructions and application form very carefully
- make sure your personal information is up to date
- the 'personal information' and 'monitoring information' sections will not be used for shortlisting, but kept for administrative purposes.
Provide good supporting information
We want to see how you match the 'person specification', so take your time in answering. Provide clear examples in the supporting information section, as this is your chance to sell yourself. Include information that has not been covered elsewhere.
- Demonstrate how you meet the person specification
- Convince the recruiter you have the required skills, knowledge and experience
- Include details about your duties and responsibilities, skills, knowledge and/or experience or voluntary work relevant to the post
- Explain research, publication and/or presentation experience and explain any employment gaps
Below you will find some of our job descriptions, you may find these a useful resource when completing your supportive information.
If you have any questions not answered by the job description, get in touch with the named contact in the advert for an informal discussion/visit or Contact the Nurse Recruitment team email@example.com 0207 288 3160/3169/3764
Following submission of your application
After you have submitted your application and the vacancy has closed, your application will normally be reviewed within one week of the closing date. A member of our recruitment team will be in contact if you are eligible for an interview.
If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the closing date this usually means that you haven’t been shortlisted; if you would like to know why, please contact the appointing manager for feedback. Their contact details will be in the job advert.