- 020 7288 5775
- Routine working hours:Monday to Friday: 09:00 to 17:15Saturday: 09:00 to 12:00
The Biochemistry Department offers general chemistry and hormone testing for the diagnosis and monitoring of disease. The laboratory offers a 24 hour 7 day service to the hospital and a routine service to local GPs. The service includes analysis and advice on interpretation and further investigation.
The laboratory reports almost 2 million tests a year most of which are carried out on highly automated equipment at the Whittington. More specialised investigations may be sent to reference laboratories – mostly in London though some samples are sent as far as Liverpool and Newcastle.
The department is UKAS accredited to ISO15189:2012 with an expiry date of 31/08/2022.
For information about tests that are covered in this scope please refer to Whittington Health Schedule of Accreditation.
Further information on laboratory testing is available at http://www.labtestsonline.org.uk/
Range of services
Investigation into areas such as:
- Renal (kidney) and liver function tests
- Cholesterol and other lipids
- Diabetes diagnosis and monitoring
- Bone minerals and hormones
- Thyroid function testing
- Reproductive hormones
- Cardiac markers (used in the diagnosis of heart disease)
- Tumour markers (used in monitoring some cancers)
Out of Hours
An out of hours service is provided
Lab Tests Online-Uk