We are a large team consisting of
- Qualified and HCPC registered Speech and Language Therapists
- Support in identifying speech, language, communication and swallowing needs
- Assessment of speech, language, communication and swallowing
- Targeted intervention for those identified with needs
- Specialist input for those with more complex needs
- An additional ‘Buy-in’ service to local schools
Mastering speech, language and communicate is fundamental to a child’s learning, future happiness, social adjustment, emotional stability and self-esteem. It equips them to achieve and make positive contributions to society.
Working as a team with parents and other professionals ensures maximum effectiveness and best possible outcomes. This often involves us modelling activities and training individuals or staff groups.
Our Ways of Working
Therapy may be delivered in a number of different ways
- Groups with other children working on the same or similar difficulties
- Individual sessions
- Personal programme written and modelled for support staff
- Training of people working with a child
- Class strategies and plans of approach to scaffold learning