Paediatric Hospital at Home
The Hospital at Home Team is part of The Whittington Health NHS Trust and based at the Northern Health Centre in Islington.
The Hospital at Home Team is specialised team of nurses who work closely alongside the acute teams, GPs, midwives and community health services to provide nurse led care at home for acutely unwell children from ages 0-18 to prevent admissions or speed up discharges home from hospital.
Some of the conditions that the Paediatric Hospital at Home Team see:
- Infected eczema
- Peri-orbital cellulitis
- Bronchiolitis with home oxygen
- Babies with feeding difficulties
- Febrile Convulsions
- Jaundice and phototherapy
- Serious infections (e.g. resolving sepsis)
- Conditions requiring twice/three times daily IV antibiotics
(This is not an exclusive list so please contact the team if you are unsure or would like to discuss a potential referral).