Two collections of eBooks are now available for members of staff at Whittington Health, Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust, and primary care and CCG staff in North Central London.
Firstly, we have access to 136 titles from Oxford Medicine Online including a selection from the Oxford Medical Handbooks, and Oxford Medical Texbooks series. You can access Oxford Medicine Online collection from the My Resources list when logged into your OpenAthens account. Direct links to each book are also in the process of being added to our online library catalogue.
The second eBook collection is available from a platform called Kortext. Our regional collection of over 150 titles is live, and available to all NHS Trusts in London, Kent, Surrey and Sussex. These books can be accessed from either the My Resources list when logged into your OpenAthens account, or from the Kortext platform here.
Direct links to each book have also been added to our online library catalogue. If you need any assistance accessing the books, please email email@example.com.
NHS staff can also access these important resources. An NHS OpenAthens password is required for full access.
eBook Top Pick! Royal Marsden Nursing Manual, 10th edition. Disclaimer: This manual is intended as a reference guide. There may be different Trust approved guidelines or policies, which must be given precedence.
The eBooks we currently have available from the Kortext collection includes:
- Acute and Critical Care Nursing
- An Introduction to Qualitative Research
- Basic Orthopaedic Sciences
- Care of the Cancer Patient: A Quick Reference Guide
- Clinical Endocrinology and Diabetes at a Glance
- Communication in Nursing and Healthcare
- Contexts of Midwifery Practice
- Counselling Across Cultures
- ENT Medicine and Surgery
- Essentials of Management for Healthcare Professionals
- Forensic Psychiatry: Fundamentals and Clinical Practice
- Fundamentals of Applied Pathophysiology
- General Practice Cases at a Glance
- General Surgery Lecture Notes
- Get Through MRCPsych CASC
- Haematology at a Glance
- Handbook of Diagnosis and Treatment of DSM-5 Personality Disorders
- How to Read a Paper
- Nursing in General Practice
- Practical Budget Management in Health and Social Care
- The Spirit Level: Why Equality is Better for Everyone
Some FAQs about the service, how to access the app and more, are available on the
Knowledge for Healthcare website
Page last updated: 28 Mar 2019