Richard Cloudesley School
Richard Cloudesley is a school for pupils age 2-19 years with physical disabilities and additional sensory needs.
The health team at Richard Cludesley consists of Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Dieticians, Nurses, Health Care Assistants, Therapy Assistants and Paediatricians. We work closely with families, children and young people, teachers and school staff and other professionals to support each child and their specific needs.
Some of the specific interventions we provide include:
- Self regulation & sensory needs.
- Participation and independence skills in daily activities
- Assessment, advice and provision of specialist equipment
- 24 hour postural management
- Assessment for splints and orthosis
- Advice and support on housing needs and home safety
- Attention for learning and interaction
- Promoting & developing communication and interaction
- Specialist support with alternative and augmentative communication (AAC) systems
- Advice and support on public health issues and medical conditions
- Advice on weight, growth, diet.
- Multidisciplinary interventions to support eating, drinking and swallowing (dysphagia) needs.
- Medical Clinics that take place regularly at school.
You can learn more about Richard Cloudesley School by visiting https://www.cloudesley.islington.sch.uk/
Page last updated: 13 May 2020