Chatterpillars is a communication focused group for children between 18 months and 3 ˝ years run by a Children’s Centre Practitioner. The Speech and Language Therapist visits the group on a regular basis. The group offers parents specific information on interaction strategies that can help to develop their child's communication skills.
At Chatterpillars, support is offered for parents/ carers to:
- understand more about how speech and language develops in children from 18months to 3 ˝ years
- recognise what your child is interested in and what motivates them to learn
- discover when and how your child communicates best with you
- understand the things your child needs to help their communication develop and grow
- use a range of strategies to help accelerate your child’s communication development
Advice for parents offered at existing Bright Start activities.
Page last updated: 29 Aug 2018