Reflective Reading Club for Nurse Validation
Held once a month in the Library Meeting Room, the Reflective Reading Club will earn you a valuable 3 hours of credited CPD time that you can use towards the 35 hours of CPD that you need to revalidate. Our meetings take just 1.5 hours and they’re timed to take place during shift changeover - so just ask your manager!
This is how the Reflective Reading Club works:
- You let us know you are interested and tell us your preferred attendance date
- We send you a short journal article and a small checklist of points to consider when reading it. Make notes as you read the paper in your own time and this earns you one and a half hours CPD time!
- We meet for the club and discuss the article in a small group, reflecting on points whilst working our way through the checklist. Any notes that you make on the checklist can be submitted into your portfolio as evidence of reflective activities – this earns you another 1.5 hours of CPD time.
- YOU GET A CERTIFICATE of participation and attendance! You can attend 2 sessions that will count for a total of 6 CPD hours!
The following dates are available:
- 13th August 11:00 - 12.30
- 9th September 14:00 - 15.30
- 8th October 13:00 - 14.30
- 7th November 11:00 - 12.30
- 11th December 13:00 - 14.30
“I thoroughly enjoyed the session… I had been putting off revalidation but now I am keen to get started!”
Safeguarding children nurse advisor
“This has encouraged me to step out of my box and the effect is more awareness of ways in which to make a difference, even in a small way.”
Community Immunisation nurse
Contact Whittington Health Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7288 3580 to join the club or find out more.