Become a Healthcare Support Worker
Are you looking to kickstart your career in the NHS why not consider a role as a Healthcare Support Worker (HCSW).
HCSWs are an integral part of the Whittington Health team. They support Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professionals across adult, children and young people services within acute and community settings.
We regularly have roles for new to care and experienced Healthcare Support Workers. Please check out our current vacancies below.
You may not have a background in healthcare but do not let that put you off from applying for a new to care HCSW role because a lot of people have transferrable skills and the right values and passion. You might see yourself as a future Nurse, Physiotherapist, Speech and Language Therapist, Midwife, or a completely different profession. The good news is that we have a dedicated HCSW Development Team who are committed to helping you grow in your role and fulfil your career ambitions.
What you can expect when you join Whittington Health as a HCSW:
- HCSW Induction Programme: two-week long programme supported by the HCSW team and a panel of subject matter experts. Followed by a supernumerary period with your team.
- Care Certificate
- Career conversations
- Award winning Level 2 and Level 3 Clinical Development Programme
- Pressure Ulcer Skills Day (acute and community): designed for HCSW and facilitated by subject matter experts.
- Support to gain Functional Skills (Maths and English)
- Apprenticeship opportunities
Please take a moment to have a look at the below material to inspire you.
The Health Careers website is also a valuable tool to guide you if you are considering a career in the NHS. If you are inspired by any of the above, take a look at our current job opportunities to see what Whittington Health has on offer to help you start or return to a long and rewarding career In the NHS.
Last updated09 Aug 2023