- River Place Health Centre
- N1 2DE
- 020 3316 8702
- Monday - Friday8am - 6pm
The aim of the service is to:
- Assess and treat patients with:
- Primary Lymphoedema; where swelling is related to an underlying intrinsic problem with the lymphatic system which is often hereditary
- Secondary Lymphoedema ; where swelling, in any part of the body, is caused by extrinsic factors including damage to the lymphatic system or disruption to drainage pathways which can be as a result of cancer or its treatment, infection, injury or trauma, inflammation of the limb, or a lack of limb movement.
- To advice and support health care professionals on the management of patients with all categories Lymphoedema.
- Rising awareness of cellulitis management in patients with Lymphoedema including current management practice and guidelines.
- Referrals are accepted for oncology patients with swelling or who are at risk of swelling secondary to cancer treatment or disease progression. A priority triage category will be given to referrals for assessment of lymphoedema secondary to oncological causes or those where the patient is receiving palliative or end of life care.
- Non- cancer related referrals will be accepted for patients with swelling of longer than 3 months duration which has not responded to elevation or diuretics
- Lymphoedema referrals are triaged according to category and allocated to the most appropriate local clinic dependant on CCG.
- All requests for domiciliary visits for patients with an Islington GP will be assessed on an individual basis and patients will be asked to attend a clinic if there are no health related contra-indications noted. Hospital transport can be requested if patients meet the eligibility criteria. This service is not commissioned for home visits in Haringey
- Referrals are accepted from any health professional for patients aged 18 years or over who live or have a GP in Haringey or Islington.
- We are unable to accept self-referral from patients.
To refer to the Lymphoedema Service , please complete the relevant forms listed below and return to the e-mail address on the form:
- Lymphoedema Service Referral Form (for Haringey and Islington)
Alternatively, a medical clinic letter from a healthcare professional will be accepted on clinician’s discretion. Please ensure that it is e-mailed to the central booking service email@example.com.
We aim to see patient on receipt of referral:
- Palliative patients within 2 weeks
- All other referrals will be prioritised and seen within 6 weeks.
- The patient has been referred for implementation or maintenance of standard care including routine Doppler assessment and fitting garments for uncomplicated venous oedema
- The patient has an ulceration to the legs
- Referral information is incomplete
Lymphoedema further information: