Diabetes Self-Management Programme
What is the Diabetes Self-Management Programme?
The Diabetes Self-Management Programme is a free seven-week self-management course for people who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes more than 3 months ago.
If you live with Type 2 diabetes or care for someone who does, then this could be the course for you. You will need to live or have a GP in Islington or Haringey.
The course will enable you to develop the confidence, knowledge and practical skills to cope with and manage your Type 2 diabetes.
Is the Diabetes Self-Management Programme for me?
Each course is led by a health professional and by someone who lives with Type 2 diabetes and understands the challenges you face. Sessions are delivered in small friendly groups across Islington and Haringey.
The programme is designed to give you a taster of a number of self- management strategies so that you can take away and practice the ones that you feel are most helpful to you.
By taking part you can learn to:
- Feel more confident to manage your Type 2 diabetes
- Improve your emotional wellbeing
- Improve your quality of life
- Feel more able to talk to your healthcare professionals and family about your health and make decisions together
- Feel more confident about planning ahead
- Increase your knowledge about your health
- Improve your Type 2 diabetes control
- Meet others and share similar experiences
We provide courses in English and Turkish.