If your GP has referred you for a blood test, they can make an appointment on your behalf, or alternatively, you can book an appointment yourself using Swiftqueue.
Swiftqueue is an online appointment booking system that allows you to book your blood test at Whittington Hospital. You can register with Swiftqueue now here. Once registered, you can use this page to book your appointment.
Whittington Health NHS Trust run a number of phlebotomy clinics in the community and one in the hospital. These services are for adults only, however. If you require a blood test for someone under the age of 16, please contact the Paediatric Outpatient department on 02072885321 to book an appointment.
5th Floor Outpatients Block
Magdala Avenue, London N19 5NF
Monday to Friday, 9am - 4.30pm (excluding bank holidays)
Junction Medical Practice Site 1
244 Tufnell Park Road, London N19 5EW
Tuesday, 8:30am - 1:00pm
Junction Medical Practice Site 2
18 Dartmouth Park Hill, London NW5 1HL
Friday, 8:30am - 12:30pm
Highbury Grange Medical Practice
Monday and Thursday, 9:00am - 1.00pm
Islington Centre Medical Practice
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
The Mildmay Medical Practice
Wednesday, 8.30am - 12:00pm
Holloway Community Health Centre
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00am - 1:00pm
Queenswood Medical Practice
151 Park Road, London N8 8JD
Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 12.30pm
- Fasting tests, i.e. Glucose and lipid (cholesterol) tests – patients should not have anything to eat for 12 hours before coming, however they may drink water
- Glucose tolerance tests (GTT) – these tests need to be booked via the Diabetic clinic. Please contact 0207 288 5511
- Fertility testing – if a progesterone has been requested by your GP please ensure that the sample is taken between day 21 and day 24 of your cycle
- 24 hour urine collection containers are available from Specimen Reception or by calling Blood Sciences from the Phlebotomy waiting room.
- If any problems are encountered contact the Phlebotomy manager, Collins Agugua on 020 7288 3731.
9:00am to 4:30pm