Whittington Health provides a range of special interest clinics for women.
Most services are delivered in the women's health outpatient clinic. Patients requiring surgery are treated in the day surgery unit and main theatres.
The hospital is a designated gynaecological cancer unit. We have specialist diagnostic, assessment and treatment services to which all women with potential or suspected gynaecological cancers are referred.
Range of services
Women outpatients are seen in clinic 4C with the exception of Early Pregnancy Diagnostic Unit (EPDU) patients who are seen in the Gynaecological Assessment Unit (GAU) currently on Betty Mansell ward.
We provide the following services:
- Early Pregnancy Diagnostic Unit / EPDU
- Fertility - including I.U.I. procedures
- General gynaecology
- Gynae-endocrine / Gynae – hormone clinic
- Gynae-oncology rapid access clinic
- Pregnancy advice
- A healthy bladder
- Bowel control problems faecal incontinence
- Community bladder and bowel service in Islington and Haringey
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Enhanced recovery programme for gynaecology surgery
- Advice after excisional treatment of the cervix
- Bladder and bowel - Continence in the confused elderly
- Excisional treatment for abnormal cells on the cervix (colposcopy clinic)
- Human papilloma virus (HPV)
- Hysteroscopy (outpatients)
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laser vaporisation in the day treatment centre
- Maternity bereavement
- Reviewing your cervical screening history
- Tension free vaginal tape (TVT)
- Understanding pelvic floor muscle exercises for women
- Why have I been referred urgently to the breast clinic?
Miss Chandrima Biswas[StaffQualifications]
Consultant Obstetrician and Clinical Director of Women's Health Services
Mr Gidon Lieberman[StaffQualifications]
Consultant and Clinical Lead for Infertility and Reproductive Medicine
HFEA Person Responsible