Staff COVID-19 Self-Testing: When you do NOT have symptoms
If you choose to take part, you will need to test yourself twice a week. You will be provided with a box of 25 tests which should contain everything you need for 12 week's worth of tests. Please note that staff who have previously tested positive in the previous 90 days will not need to test.
- Wash or sanitise your hands thoroughly
- Prepare your test area and unpack your equipment, take a note of the device number on your test device.
- Take your swab sample (nasal swab only)
- Process your sample and wait 30 minutes
- Check your result and act accordingly (see below)
- Carefully dispose of the test device and equipment in your household rubbish
What to do with your results information
If your test result is negative: Make a note of the time and date which you took the test and the lot code found on the test device and record it on this form. It is important to remember that even if you test negative you must still comply with all current COVID-19 guidelines both at work and in your personal life.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, please continue to participate in the study as normal.
Q. A family member or friend is unwell, can I provide them with one of my tests?
No, tests should only be used on the person to whom they were allocated.
Q. What type of test are we rolling out?
The Innova SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Qualitative Test uses a swab which has been in contact with the nostril of the person being tested. The swab is inserted into the extraction tube with the extraction fluid and then rotated and pressed to make sure that the sample from the swab is released into the extraction fluid (swab is then discarded at this point). You then take the extraction tube with the nozzle cap and place 2 drops of extraction fluid into the sample well of the LFD testing device cartridge and wait for the results on the test device.
- 25 foil pouches containing the test cartridge and a desiccant
- 2 vials of 6 mls buffer solution
- 25 Extraction tubes and 25 tube caps
- 25 sterilised swabs for sample collection
- Instructions for use of the device (IFU)
Still have questions?
The information on this page is designed for members of our staff only. The information may not be applicable to anyone else and unless you are a member of staff you should click here to find dedicated COVID-19 information.