Smoking and your health
Stopping smoking is the best thing you'll ever do. Quitting can make a drastic improvement to your lifestyle and health in ways you might not expect. Once you stop smoking, some of the benefits are immediate and some are longer-term. Just imagine yourself being smokefree. Feeling great and being free of the addiction.
Find out how quickly you'll notice the benefits of stopping:
- After 20 minutes: Blood pressure and pulse rate return to normal.
- After 8 hours: Nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in blood reduce by half and oxygen levels return to normal.
- After 24 hours: Carbon monoxide will be eliminated from the body. Lungs start to clear out mucus and other smoking debris.
- After 48 hours: There is no nicotine in the body. Ability to taste and smell is greatly improved.
- After 72 hours: Breathing becomes easier. Bronchial tubes begin to relax and energy levels increase.