Dr Ihuoma Wamuo
Consultant in Rheumatology and General Internal Medicine
Clinical Lead in Rheumatology
- 020 7288 5259 (secretary)
- 020 7288 5259
Ihuoma works in Rheumatology. She manages patients on the Acute admissions unit and admits emergencies on the busy acute on take calls. She has a busy schedule of teaching, education and management duties. She takes part in clinical research.
- Dr. Ihuoma Wamuo trained at the UCH, Ibadan in Nigeria. She completed her postgraduate clinical training in London working at St. Georges, and Guys and St Thomas’ Hospitals. She spent a period of time in clinical research at King’s College Hospital.
- Ihuoma joined The Whittington Hospital in 2002. She is the Lead Consultant in Rheumatology and is responsible for development and provision of musculoskeletal services. In her role as Consultant in Rheumatology , she is involved in care of patients with all forms of arthritis. She works closely with the rheumatology team to improve patient services.
- This included the development of guidelines for rheumatoid arthritis and the appointment of new medical and nursing staff.
- She was appointed Clinical director for Clinical Audit and Effectiveness in 2007 and Chaired the Trust wide clinical guidelines committee. She is proud of setting up the first Clinical Audit Awards prize giving at the organisation that celebrates and rewards high quality in patient care. She has won an award in Patient Experience.
- She is actively involved in the management of inpatients to the acute admissions ward at The Whittington Hospital. She manages patients with acute medical emergencies and provides specialist advice on rheumatology emergencies.
- She teaches medical students attached to the firm, teaching on Rheumatology and Acute and General Medicine.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- Member of the British Society for Rheumatology
- Ihuoma has special interests in Connective Tissue disease and runs a once a month clinic.
- Early inflammatory arthritis ( set up a clinic with Dr. Elena Nikiphorou, Consultant Rheumatologist) that is held once a week.
- She is interested in collaborative and partnership working across the whole patient pathway.
- She is involved in recruiting patient to Clinical Research.
Year of first medical qualification (1992)
UCH, Ibadan, Nigeria
UCH, Ibadan, Nigeria