- 020 7288 5775/5776
- Routine working hours:Monday to Friday: 09:00 to 17:15Saturday: 09:00 to 12:00
The Biochemistry Department offers general chemistry and hormone testing for the diagnosis and monitoring of disease. The laboratory offers a 24 hour 7 day service to the hospital and a routine service to local GPs. The service includes analysis and advice on interpretation and further investigation.
The laboratory reports almost 2 million tests a year most of which are carried out on highly automated equipment at the Whittington. More specialised investigations may be sent to reference laboratories – mostly in London though some samples are sent as far as Liverpool and Newcastle.
The Department is fully accredited through Clinical Pathology Accreditation (UK) Ltd.
Further information on laboratory testing is available at http://www.labtestsonline.org.uk
Range of services
Investigation into areas such as:
- Renal (kidney) and liver function tests
- Cholesterol and other lipids
- Diabetes diagnosis and monitoring
- Bone minerals and hormones
- Thyroid function testing
- Reproductive hormones
- Cardiac markers (used in the diagnosis of heart disease)
- Tumour markers (used in monitoring some cancers)
Out of Hours
An out of hours service is provided
Lab Tests Online-Uk