Non Urgent Patient Transport department
Eligibility is based upon clinical need.
Referrals are via GP, surgery, ward or other clinical areas within the Trust.
Do you need hospital transport?
Before you ask for transport, please consider the following:
- Can you use the bus? Buses numbers C11, 41, 43, 143, 134, 210, 263, 271 and W5 stop near the hospital.
- Can you use the tube? The hospital is a short walk up the hill from Archway tube station.
- Can a friend or family member bring you into hospital for your appointment?
- We have limited parking spaces available for blue badge holders. On site parking for non-disabled drivers is only available outside the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday. This parking is pay and display.
If you do need transport, please tell us about the following:
If you are accompanying a patient
Carers or companions may travel with a patient to hospital for medical reasons. Medical staff may check from time to time to see that there is a valid reason for the patient to be accompanied.
If you have transport booked, please think about the following:
- Make sure you are ready in good time.
- Please continue to wait if the ambulance is late. The ambulance will be on its way.
- If you are unfit to travel, please phone 020 7288 5294/5 as soon as possible.
- If you have to cancel, please phone 020 7288 5294/5 as soon as possible.
It is very important that you let us know if your plans change. We may have to cancel your transport if you are repeatedly not in when we call for you. We want to reassure you that if you need transport we will continue to provide it.
Any further questions ?
If you would like to book transport to the hospital or if you have any queries, please telephone 020 7288 5294/5.