To book a place on one of our training sessions or to find out more, call us on 020 7288 3580 or email email@example.com
Learn how to Devise and execute a good search strategy using both keyword and subject heading searches; search primary research databases effectively by combining searches using AND/OR operators; refine your results using limits; export, Email, Save your results.
- Thursday 22 November 13.00 – 15.00
- Wednesday 19 December 13.00 – 15.00
- Wednesday 9 January 13.00 – 15.00
Introduction to the Critical Appraisal of Quantitative Research
Introduce the main concepts of critical appraisal of research, including CASP checklists; discuss features of quantitative research, including basic statistical concepts of power, presentation of results, confidence intervals and P values; appraise a quantitative paper (RCT) in detail, using the appropriate CASP checklist.
- Friday 16 November 10.00 – 13.00
- Monday 10 December 9.00 – 12.00
- Wednesday 23 January 13.00 – 16.00
Introduction to the Critical Appraisal of Qualitative Research
Learn how to understand key elements in the successful and accurate appraisal of a paper, discuss the features of qualitative research and the key terminology associated with it, and use a CASP checklist to critically appraise a qualitative research article.
- Wednesday 31 October 13.00 – 15.30
- Tuesday 13 November 10.30 – 13.00
- Thursday 6 December 13.00 – 15.30
- Monday 14 January 13.00 - 15:00
Learn how to use this reference management software to store and organise your references, download references from databases like PubMed and HDAS, automatically manage and insert references in Microsoft Word, and sync references with Endnote Web, the online version of Endnote.
- Thursday 25 October 13.00 – 14.00
- Monday12 November 13.00 - 14.00
- Wednesday 12 December 13.00 – 14.00
- Thursday 31 January 13.00 – 14.00