To book a place on one of our training sessions or to find out more, call us on 020 7288 3580 or email email@example.com
Learn how to Devise and execute a good search strategy using both keyword and subject heading searches; search primary research databases effectively by combining searches using AND/OR operators; refine your results using limits; export, Email, Save your results.
- Friday 3 August 10.00 – 12.00
- Tuesday 11 September 13.00 – 15.00
- Wednesday 10 October 13.00 – 15.00
Introduction to the Critical Appraisal of Quantitative Research
Introduce the main concepts of critical appraisal of research, including CASP checklists; discuss features of quantitative research, including basic statistical concepts of power, presentation of results, confidence intervals and P values; appraise a quantitative paper (RCT) in detail, using the appropriate CASP checklist.
- Wednesday 8 August 13.00 – 16.00
- Friday 21 September 9.30 – 12.30
- Tuesday 16 October 9.30 – 12.30
Introduction to the Critical Appraisal of Qualitative Research
Learn how to understand key elements in the successful and accurate appraisal of a paper, discuss the features of qualitative research and the key terminology associated with it, and use a CASP checklist to critically appraise a qualitative research article.
- Thursday 23 August 13.00 – 15.30
- Tuesday 2 October 10.00 – 12.30
- Wednesday 31 October 13.00 – 15.30
Learn how to use this reference management software to store and organise your references, download references from databases like PubMed and HDAS, automatically manage and insert references in Microsoft Word, and sync references with Endnote Web, the online version of Endnote.
- Wednesday 15 August 12.30 – 13.30
- Wednesday 26 September 13.00 – 14.00
- Thursday 25 October 13.00 – 14.00