- Whittington Hospital
- N19 5NF
The gastroenterology unit at the Whittington aims to provide a comprehensive, dynamic and high quality service to our patients in North London.
The department consists of four consultants supported by an associate specialist, two specialist registrars as well as three clinical nurse specialists, and provides the full range of out-patient general and specialist gastroenterology clinics.
In addition, the clinical nurse specialists provide a GI helpline to provide access for patients with chronic disease, as well as an innoavative telephone virtual clinic. In-patient services are provided on a dedicated gastroenterology ward.
The service also runs a busy 3 room endoscopy unit, undertaking more than 6000 diagnostic and therapeutic procedures per year, as well as providing a 24/7 emergency endoscopy service.
Please contact us using the GP Helpline email for patients and GP enquiry
Referrals accepted via Fax or Post or following an inpatient admission
contact Lourdes Cumlat, Gastroenterology Nurse Specialist, on ext 5692.
Secretary: 0207 288 5490
- Bowel control problems faecal incontinence
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Liver Biopsy
- 13C urea breath test
- Bladder and bowel - Continence in the confused elderly
- Frequently asked questions about an endoscopic procedure
- Frequently asked questions for colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Undergoing a procedure
- Diverticular Disease
- Rectal Bleeding
- Upper gastro-intestinal cancer team
- Why have I been referred urgently to hospital?