Simmons House Adolescent Unit
- Simmons House Adolescent Unit
53 Woodside Avenue
- 0203 316 1753 (Admin Office), 020 3316 1771 (Nursing Office)
- 24 Hours / 7 days per week
Simmons House Adolescent Unit is an in-patient psychiatric unit. The unit has places for a maximum of 12 young people. In individual single bedrooms.
The average length of treatment admissions is between 6 and 9 months, but can be up to a year. The length of stay at Simmons House depends on the young person's needs. Acute admissions tend to stay for up to six weeks
Adolescents and their families or carers receive an individually planned and structured treatment package combining as appropriate:
- Psychiatric assessment and medication
- Family therapy (which is often video taped)
- Individual therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Group work and education.
All young people have to have a place to live in the community during their time at Simmons House. The unit cannot be an adolescentís home as adolescents should not have their home in hospital.
Dr Simon Lewis
Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist& Clinical Lead